xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1)

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) - Tessa Bailey Two questions: Who turned up the temperature and where is the ice water?!

Because Protecting What’s His by Tessa Bailey was mouthwateringly-spellbindingly-one hundred and ten percent burningly hot hot hot. I craved this book when I was away from it and I couldn’t get enough while I was reading it. It’s an understatement to say that this book was capital A-mazing!
Ginger was one feisty girl! She was willing to do whatever it was needed of her to survive the life given to her. She was sassy as hell, tough and independent to the core. She was a sweet person who was cute and completely likable. Ginger was a very strong and capable woman despite her mistakes and fleeting doubts about herself. Some of the decisions she made were not necessarily bad, but a lapse in judgment, but yet her heart and good intentions were always there. Ginger was a wonderful sister, always taking care of and thinking of Willa first. Thoughtful, heart-warming and with a lovely sense of humor, Ginger was a great heroine that wasn’t entirely perfect, but impressive nonetheless.
Honorable protector by day and dangerous dirty-talker in bed at night, Derek Tyler was an addictively, irresistible sex god. The man made me weak in the knees and had my heart flying. Derek was arrogant and oozed confidence, but he was loyal, strong, and a real charmer in every way. I loved how he could be rough and gentle all at once. He was a great leader and loved being a Lieutenant and it showed when he was on the job. I loved how he could really push Ginger’s buttons. He was totally demanding and infuriating at times, but possessive and protective of Ginger in a very endearing way. He really dug deep and gave his all for Ginger and stepped up when he needed to. He was very understanding and never too quick to judge Ginger’s character or her actions. Derek did his best to break down Ginger’s walls and not once did he waver. He was in it all the way and I completely swooned with all his persistence and bone chilling lines. Derek Tyler is sex on a stick and if I could, I'd take a bite. There are some books where you want to savor it page by page and some books you must devour and speed through it like a starving man who went without food for ages. This book was not one or the other, but both. Tessa Bailey created this sizzling sexy masterpiece with the best amount of passion, lust, love and one liners to last me a lifetime. I absolutely loved the storyline with all the drama, sister dynamics, crazy criminals, and intense and flirty encounters. Her writing just blew my mind because this book had an amazing build up and perfect development from the plot to the characters and beyond. The hot and bothered scenes in this book won’t just make you flail or swoon, but will have you desperately wishing you were Ginger. I won’t be surprised if readers lose their underwear for this one! It’s too steamy sexy for our own good!

Overall, Protecting What’s His has two well written and developed characters, a sensual plot-line and was not just clever and satisfying, but damn straight arousing! More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books