xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable) (Volume 1)

One Week Girlfriend - Monica  Murphy I was going into One Week Girlfriend thinking this book would be an easy and light read. Instead I got something I was not prepared for nor could I have ever imagine and boy, did I devour this book! Intense, enticing and a complete outrageous roller-coaster ride, One Week Girlfriend had me flailing with all kinds of feelings from head to toe.
Fable was a darling! I absolutely loved her. Everyone thought she slept around and whatnot, but I could see the good in Fable. Stuck in a rough and tough life with a neglectful mother, it was up to Fable to care for herself and her younger brother. I admired Fable’s compassion and the sacrifices she continued to make as a person, as a sister and as a girlfriend. She was the type of person that would do anything for the people she cared about. She did her best to understand and to help Drew even when she barely knew him and I loved that in that short amount of time, she ended up caring for him.DrewDrewDrew. There is so much I could say about this boy I don’t even know how to start. This boy captured my heart so quick and so easily. Drew was broken and troubled and a little screwed up, but he was more than marvelous. So vulnerable, so sweet, and kind, I really just wanted to fix and heal him the way that Fable wanted to. I wanted to protect him with such fierce intensity. I thought Drew was slightly fragile, but still very strong to resist, to persevere, and to keep living despite the inner demons he faced all the time. Monica Murphy’s writing was spine-tingling good! One Week Girlfriend was written in dual points of view between Drew and Fable and it was done perfectly and at just the right parts too. I loved how she dropped hints and gave me ideas when it came to Drew’s secrets because it really sucked me in and made me want to read even more. Murphy had this amazing way with words that makes her a great storyteller. The pacing of the novel was quick with excellent flow all around and there was no hesitation to go into the good and the bad. She totally adds in the perfect amount of serious sexual tension, heart stopping moments, hold your breath nerve-racking crazy drama and mind boggling revelations. And even better, Murphy writes the best backseat and in the rain make out scenes that I can’t help but go back and reread again and again and again.
Overall, One Week Girlfriend was more than gratifying it was down right scrumptious! I fell head over heels in love with Drew and Fable, I’d take them and a Marshmallow or two any freaking day! More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books