xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1) - Christine  Bell Down for the Count had the perfect combination of sexy, steamy, fun and sweet romance. Not only will this book have you grinning from ear to ear, but it will also have you laughing out loud during the most awkwardest moments ever! I loved this! A short read, but a sizzling one nonetheless. Lacey gets the biggest wake up call and set back of her life when her not-even-24-hour-wedded-husband decided to hit the sack with her best friend-bride’s mate in a closet during their wedding reception. Does Lacey break down and cry? No way in hell. She ends everything right then and there. All her life, Lacey has listened to the demands of her mother, always doing what is best for their law firm, what’s best not for her, but for her mother because that’s what mother wants. At first it seemed like Lacey was a push over when it come to her family, and quite frankly she was. However, I found Lacey to be smart, sweet, and possibly a quiet freak in the sheets. Once she got away from her mother, Lacey started to open up and do things for fun. She was her still sensible self with added flare. I liked Lacey’s innocence and her endearing personality.

My favorite character, by far, was Galen. That man was downright sensational. He was sweet and caring towards Lacey. He basically helped her out of her shell and showed her a real good time. He was a great friend and even greater lover. He was a good influence over Lacey, no matter what hesitation she felt. He allowed her to have fun and finally break out of the confinement her mother had kept her in. Strong, determined, and charming, Galen was one of the best things about this novel. Christine Bell’s writing was amazing. She starts off Down for the Count with a bang! The first page was all I needed to keep me going. Her writing was simplistic, yet addictive. She writes with such ease, the flow of the whole story was just lovely. She developed Lacey and Galen’s characters tremendously and gives them the room to grow throughout the book. The scenes between them are endearing, hilarious and spicy. I loved every moment of this book and so much more. There really is no question or wonder on why I ended up reading this book in one sitting!Overall, Down for the Count was a well written novel that stayed with me for a very long time. This book will surely keep readers up at night, itching to get to the end. More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books