xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)

Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2) - Abbi Glines Predestined by Abbi Glines is a sequel even better than the first. It’s edgier, sexier and will definitely take you by surprise at every turn. Predestined takes place a month after the ending to Existence where Abbi drops the biggest bomb on her readers. In this book, the decisions that the characters make will have devastating consequences that will change Pagan’s life forever.

I was so glad to be back into Pagan and Dank’s world. It was like a breath of fresh air that I hadn’t been able to take in for a very long time. I was more than happy to see that this time around the book is split into the perspectives of Pagan and Dank. I love Pagan to death (no pun intended, lol) but it’s so nice to be able to see things through Dank’s eyes. I really got to know him better and was able to see the depth of his love and concern for Pagan. Dank’s love for her really shows in everything that he does. I was also able to understand more of what he does as Death. It was endearing to see Dank vulnerable and to show such deep emotion and care towards the souls. It was a whole other side of him that I loved reading about. I love Abbi even more for doing this. I can never get enough of Dank.In Predestined, Pagan and Dank’s relationship evolve from Existence and it continues to grow in strength throughout the book. I love how unbreakable and strong their love is to the point where they really go through Hell to stay together. Pagan and Dank’s love knows no bounds and is a force to be reckoned with. The moments that they have together will definitely melt any heart. I couldn’t help but love both of them more than I ever did before.I was especially excited to see that Leif was back in Predestined. After that hair-pulling reaction I got from the ending of Existence, it had me questioning everything I knew about Leif. To find out the truth about him and why he’s a soulless creature was a complete shock. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but I never did see it coming and I thought it was brilliant Abbi weaved that aspect into Pagan’s life. It made the story even more exciting and thrilling. It’s such a refreshing and interesting idea that made me admire Abbi’s creativity even further.

Pagan’s dreams that seem to center around Leif was another mystery that gets unveiled that really touched my heart and made me ache for Leif. I couldn’t bring myself to hate him in any way. Soulless or not, I really do like Leif. I believed he really does love Pagan and cares for her more than anything. However, I was disappointed in him with some of the decisions he made when it came to Pagan. I found him to be a little selfish, but I knew he meant well.

I loved Predestined even more because of the immense amount of humor that was put into the book especially with Gee’s character. I really loved Gee in Existence so I was more than ecstatic to see her back with Pagan and Dank. Their banter really light up the dark parts of the book.I must say that Pagan continued to impress me in Predestined. Her strength, courage and willingness to sacrifice herself for her loved ones is immense and very admiring. In the book, Pagan says she’s not selfless, but to me she is. She’s amazing.Overall, Predestined is astounding. The pacing to the book is perfect and there was never any dull moments at all. Abbi was able to surprise the heck out of me and add in some really creepy and sinister aspects into the book. She had me engaged through it all, left me speechless long before the end, and kept me from ever forgetting such an incredible story.

Abbi will surely have her readers (including me) begging for more.

5 out of 5 stars

*A big THANK YOU to Abbi for sending me an eARC of Predestined. In no way does Abbi have any influence over my opinion/review of this book. It is solely my own.