xjessirae

Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Saving June

Saving June - Hannah Harrington I adored Saving June by Hannah Harrington. Right when I finished the novel, I had an intense urge to reread and relive the whole book all over again. I can say that this is rare for me to feel this way for a book, as only a handful of books make me want to dive right back in. Saving June was a sad, yet uplifting and an inspirational read that really wormed it’s way into my heart. Although this book started out sorrowful due to June’s death, I had a great time reading the book.
Main character Harper was a great narrator.
 She had this spunk and edge that was evident from the start of the book. The best part of her was the unique voice she had that really grabed attention. She’s not your typical protagonist. She wasn’t exceptionally beautiful or even extremely intelligent but she had a type of personality that can intimidate anyone with her seemingly impenetrable tough exterior along with her constant rebellion. Nonetheless, Harper was just an average teenage girl trying to grieve and honor her sister. I loved all the little quirks about her.I loved the road trip and music-oriented aspect of this book.
 I got to travel along with Harper, Laney and Jake as they made their way across the country towards California. I enjoyed this journey because each stop and each moment had a song that was significant and relevant to Harper being able to grieve her sister. It was another step closer for Harper to grow and to find closure. Most of all, it was step for Harper to build something with Jake. Harper and Jake’s relationship was a breath of fresh air.
 I loved the fact that they didn’t particularly like each other. In fact, they couldn’t stand one another and the only thing keeping them going was their common ground in knowing June. However, as the story progressed, their sexual tension built up and I was begging and waiting and dying for them to finally tip that scale and BOOM. Harrington delivers and this release of tension was indescribable.
The ending wraps up everything nicely.
Like a good mix, the book had incredible build up, a surprising climax, and a wonderful ending that had me longing for more, but left me satisfied beyond measure.

Overall, Saving June was a charming book with poetic writing, witty banter, and inviting characters. A definite must-read.More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books