xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)

Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1) - Rebecca Zanetti Against the Wall by Rebecca Zanetti is another example of why I love Entangled’s Brazen line so much. I swear, each release just gets better and better. It was just impossible not to fall in love with Zanetti’s book because it had so much going on in the story besides the romance.

Sophie was fanfreakingtastic! She was just a great character all around. Sophie had the brains and the looks. She was well educated, stubborn, and ready to put anyone in their place. She didn’t just have spirit, but she had fire. I really loved how she grew throughout the story, realizing her full potential as an artist and just embracing who and what she believed in. She didn’t just want to settle, she wanted love and passion in her relationship. She wanted a family she had always been dreaming of, a place where she would belong and all of this was explored and discovered for her. Jake Lodge was absolutely wonderful! He was the jelly to Sophie’s peanut butter and he was just the way I liked ‘em. He was the most sexiest horse riding kissable cowboy lawyer I damn wished I could get my hands all over. I loved how devoted he was to the Kooskia tribe and how important his heritage was. I especially loved how he had great family ties and values. He was very protective of his sister Dawn and was an amazing father to his daughter Leila. He was just amazing all around. Every quality in a man that a woman may be looking for, Jake had it. He was powerful, clever and so easily able to command a room, who wouldn’t be swooning all over him?
I really liked that Jake and Sophie’s relationship, though they had some hesitations, were able to communicate and push aside their oppositions against each other professionally. They had lovely chemistry together and the way Jake’s family embraced Sophie was heartwarming. Zanetti totally gave this book everything. Her writing had the perfect flow with just the right amount of witty sense of humor and sensual sexiness I couldn’t get enough of. Her descriptions of the landscape was beautifully written, I had no problem visualizing it all in my mind. I loved how she mixed in the loyalty between family and heritage, love and career, and risking it all.

Spicy, dangerous, and completely tantalizing, Against the Wall will have you racing to finish the book, but regretting that it ever ends! I can’t wait for the next installment in the Maverick Montana series!More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books