xjessirae

Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Under The Never Sky: Under the Never Sky : Book 01

Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi was amazing! It was a beautiful dystopian/post apocalyptic read with the most endearing love story. I thought Veronica’s writing was smooth and very creative. The world building in UTNS was spectacular. It didn’t take long before I was wrapped up into the story. I thought Veronica Rossi’s ideas were most original. All down to the Dwellers, the Outsiders/Savages, Reverie, Crovens and the Aether filled sky. It was such an alluring read.Aria has always lived in safety of Reverie, protected by the outside known as the Death Shop. Reverie and the Realms is all she’s ever known. Everything changes when she’s tossed out of Reverie. While roaming the outside, she runs into Perry. He’s an Outsider, a Savage. He has tattoos, hunts for his food and has eyes that gleam like an animal during the night. Together, they embark on a journey through the outside, fighting for their survival. For Aria, she wishes to be reunited with her Mother. For Perry, he wishes to save and bring his beloved nephew home. The two never thought they could get along, let alone be friends. However, their journey brings them much closer than that. Despite their differences, Perry and Aria fall in love under the never sky.

I have to admit that I had trouble in the beginning of the book, but this usually happens to me with dystopian/post apocalyptic novels. The beginning felt a little slow because I was so confused! I didn’t understand what was going on. However, I believe this made the book even better. I loved how I ended up learning more and more about the world in UTNS as I read along. The more I read, the more information became known and slowly everything unraveled for me. It was like discovering treasured gold.

I really love how Veronica Rossi spilt the perspectives into two, between Aria and Perry. I always have a problem with this because some books I’ve read have failed at dual perspectives. This was not the case in UTNS. Veronica Rossi excels at making Aria and Perry’s voice completely different. I knew whose head I was in without having to look back at the chapter title. What I also love about the spilt POVs was the fact that we got into the head of not one character, but two. I love that so much. It’s different and gives you more insight into the story. Aria and Perry are two people from different parts of the same world so it made sense for the story to be told this way.

Aria and Perry were lovely main characters. I fell in love with them instantly. Aria has this fire and spunk that I adore completely. Perry is hard and tough as nails, but has a soft and caring heart. Both of them together made a perfect twosome. Their banter with each other is very funny and enjoyable. I also loved their chemistry together. They reminded me of Pocahontas and John Smith only with reversed roles.

The last few chapters surprised and shocked me as well. I never thought those last few scenes would happen. It was such a thrill to read. I thought the ending was perfect close to the book.

Overall, UTNS was a very impressive dystopian novel. The world building was exceptional and the characters had distinctive personalities. I, for one will be waiting in agony for book 2.

Veronica Rossi’s Under the Never Sky is a must read!

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.*Thanks to @EpicReads (Harper) for sending me an ARC of this book.
The publisher has no influence over my opinion/review of this book. It is solely my own.More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books