xjessirae

Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins Stephanie Perkins has done it again! First with Anna and the French Kiss. Now with Lola and the Boy Next Door. I fell in love with Anna and St. Clair last year. This time around, my heart exploded with so much love for Lola and Cricket. This book was absolutely out of this world, crazy amazing! She’s created a convincing, realistic love story that will have you more than infatuated. Her characters are more than likable, they’re downright lovable. They’re relatable and they just burst from the pages from the realism. Also, this book will have you laughing out loud from all the funny scenes and will have you smiling like an idiot in public places!

Lola and the Boy Next Door was everything I hoped it would be and more. It had me wonderstruck and left me completely dizzy with happiness. Stephanie Perkins knows how to write the best love story ever. Her writing is simple yet elegant, smooth and oh so flawless. Her writing is easy to read and will have you eating this book in one sitting. The pacing of the book was just perfect. Stephanie just knows how to build up the story and romance in her novels and she didn’t fail with Lola. I was completely and utterly enraptured and consumed by this book wholeheartedly.I love how Stephanie took her time with Lola. I love the vivid descriptions and details that were woven into the story. I also love how she integrated the city of San Francisco into the book. She didn’t just make the city a setting or a background. It was a part of the story upfront.I enjoyed all the secondary characters in Lola and the Boy Next Door. We only get some glimpses of them, but you really get to know them too. You really feel a connection with each and every character. You understand their joy and pain and sorrows and they’re everyday living. All of the characters in this book are astounding. I also liked how all of the secondary characters have this unique relationship with Lola. It’s so nice to see how she interacts differently with someone else.My most favorite has to be Lola. She was a wonderful main character. I love her love of costumes and her wicked awesome fashion sense. I absolutely loved her creativity. I love her confidence, and brilliance. I love her quirkiness and I love how she’s a rocker. I love her fascinating personality and her independence. I love how she loves her family and friends and the city she lives in. She’s literally her own person: original, unique and the one and only.The. Best. Book. Boyfriend. Ever. is CRICKET BELL