xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

The Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, Book 1)

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare I’m a huge fan of Cassandra Clare’s. I loved The Mortal Instruments so much that I knew I had to pick up her new Shadowhunter series, The Infernal Devices.After reading the first three books in The Mortal Instruments, I had very high hopes for Clockwork Angel and I must say that Cassie did not disappoint me one bit. Clockwork Angel is just as exciting and adventurous as her other series. I adore the Shadow World and was glad to be able to dive into the workings of the Shadow World from the 1800s.

I’m not a big fan of historical fiction, but the way Cassie weaves the story with history aspects into the Shadow World was amazing. I was enraptured throughout the whole book. I enjoyed reading and imagining the descriptive places Cassie describes in the book. I love how she added real and fake places in London and I absolutely adore the fact that the book is set in London to begin with. What I love about Clockwork Angel was the fact that I actually understood the writing. I was able to absorb every word on each page. I didn’t struggle with the language at all.

I specifically love how Cassie always seems to draw you into the book with just the first page alone. Right when I started, I knew I had to keep reading. I just had to know what was going on, had to know who Tessa was and why she became what she is now. I love how Cassie develops the characters so nicely that I was able to fall in love with them instantly. Cassie still added in that mystery where we still don’t know all about characters past and secrets and I think that’s brilliant of her.I love Tessa’s strength and courage from the start of the book and throughout the whole story. Tessa shines through and through. I absolutely adore her along with her determination and her persistence. I love her independence and just the way she carries herself. She’s another great heroine in the Shadowhunter world. I also love Tessa’s love for books and reading. I can completely relate to her. I also loved Will and Jem. I love how different they are, in some ways they are opposites, but I love their tandem and how well they just work together. I enjoyed their banter throughout the whole book.

While I felt The Mortal Instruments was a lot darker than start of this new series, there’s still plenty of sinister things going on behind the scenes in Clockwork Angel. There’s a lot of fight scenes, a lot of things to discover and there’s betrayal in characters you’ll never expect.

5 out of 5 stars