xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)

Real - Katy Evans REAL by Katy Evans definitely packs the punch and sends it straight to your gut! Wow, I’m still grasping for words, still a little speechless, completely dazed, amazed and reeling. I think the best way to describe this book is a lyric from a Paramore song, “You got it you got it, some kind of magic. Hypnotic hypnotic, you're leaving me breathless.” That’s exactly what this book is and one million times more.Damn Katy Evans, where have you been all my life?! REAL was nothing, everything, and anything I expected. The writing was dripping with emotion and passion, I could feel it all and I’m so damn impressed by Evans, I kind of want to kidnap her, keep her to myself and tell her to write some more. I loved the exciting thrill of Remy’s fights, how I’d get just as pumped up as Brooke. Evans wrote those scenes just as if I watching them live. And oh god, the way I was feeling while I reading this book! It was like I was on a high, my emotions were all jacked up and it felt like I was being pushed over the edge only to be yanked back at the last minute to start all over again. Don’t even get me started on the make out sessions and sex scenes! I thought I was going to spontaneously combust from sexual frustration. I have never been so turned on in my life! No book has done that and the fact that Evans made me feel this way is half embarrassing and half exhilarating.
I don‘t know whether to love Brooke because of her big heart, her determination to start over and how she accepted Remington wholeheartedly or hate her because she gets to be with him, kiss him, love him etc, you get the point. One thing is for sure and that’s how I adore her way of being there for Remy, soothing him, but also standing up to him. She’s got the snark that I like and the the attitude to match it. I love the way she doesn’t fall all over his feet in his presence, but it’s funny because she completely was in her head. I loved how she was very forward with what she wanted and though she knew and was afraid to get hurt, she still went after it, went after him.
Holy sweet Remington Riptide Tate. This man pulled the rug from under my feet, secretly stole my heart without me knowing and had me swooning nearly every page he showed up on. This sexy bad boy fighter was bold and full of strength, but gentle and quiet. This dark side of his scared him and I was so broken up about this and everything he has gone through. I seriously loved the way he wanted to prove to Brooke he could be hers and I loved the drive he had inside and his willingness to never give in to his demons. I loved the way he showed how he was feeling through his actions and the songs on his iPod and his overprotectiveness towards Brooke that even the independent not a damsel in distress side of me drove me crazy with love and lust for him. Gods, the chemistry he had with Brooke was sizzling, blazing, borderline red hot fire! I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to scream at two characters to just get it on already! It was the best feeling ever. "I want you in my bed again. I want to kiss you. Hold you."Overall, REAL was dark, deep, and addictive. Remy is my drug of choice and I’m perfectly fine relapsing on him any day, everyday. Using Brooke's word.. REAL is freakingfuckingtastic.More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books