xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)

Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) - Tijan I honestly did not know what to expect in Fallen Crest High. The summary given is completely vague, but I think this helped a lot. I stepped into the novel not knowing what was going to hit me and in the end, I got something crazy, intense, and super twisted. The main character, Sam, had one strong and tough personality. She never let anything get to her and she just didn’t care. Even when she started to feel pain, sadness and anger, she would numb herself by running for miles. I loved her bad attitude and admired her when she stood up for her only friend. Sam was badass, bold, and so blunt, I couldn’t help but be awed by her. I really liked how Sam didn’t tolerate the popular kids and their backstabbing ways. Sam didn’t care what people thought and she was determined to do what she wanted, when she wanted. She didn’t follow any kind of rules. Yes, there were plenty of times when I didn’t agree with her decisions, but by god, the girl had spine. She was reckless in a way that just blew my mind. The things she said and did were just unbelievably indescribable.Mason and Logan Kade..where do I even begin? Both are hot as hell, totally unattainable and basically own the town. They are literally the life of every party they throw. Everyone is scared them, but every guy either wants to be them or hates them and ever girl wants to date them. Really, these two are just sex on legs. I loved them both to pieces. Mason was the quiet, mysterious, brooding, bad boy type. He wasn’t so much as outspoken as his brother, but he was fierce and really intimidating. His presence demanded attention and he was just not someone to mess with. Logan was super funny, very loud, and so completely outgoing. He’s got a big mouth to go with his big ego, but Logan says it like he means it. These two Kade brothers have an exceptional bond that cannot be broken and when Sam gets into the picture, the protective nature of the brothers is shown to the extent. Mason and Logan are danger in the making, but everyone needs a little trouble and excitement once in their life, right?
His shoulders relaxed. "Oh, good. I like having a sister that's banging my brother."Tijan really impressed me. She really went above and beyond and made this book better than a thrilling rollercoaster ride. Fallen Crest High was not only surprising, it was down right shocking! You would not believe the things that were going on in the book. This book is not to be taken as a light read. There was plenty of sex, alcohol, and cruelty to go around. There was cheating, rich, self-centered and self-righteous characters, neglectful and self-absorbed parents and just all talk about popularity that will entertain you to no end. This book was all about the train wreck crazy lives of Sam, Mason, and Logan and how these three came to be a force to be reckoned with. Their family was just so messed up, their interactions and the way they just blew up all over the place will have your jaw dropping and leave you flabbergasted. Some moments in the book were cringe worthy while others were just fun and very enjoyable. There was an addicting quality that I can’t pinpoint exactly, but I do know that Tijan wrote one extraordinary book! This book was confrontational, in your face and brutally honest. I freaking loved it to the core.Overall, Fallen Crest High was one dark and twisted book that will keep you on your toes. Don’t expect to expect anything. Sit back and live it. More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books