xjessirae

Another Little Piece
Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)

Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1) - Suzanne Lazear Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear was a terrific book! I cannot believe I didn’t read it any sooner. It had everything I could want in a book and it surely opened my eyes and heart to new aspects and concepts I never dreamed of falling in love with.What I liked:The writing was exquisite.
 There was definitely a great amount of elegance and sophistication in Lazear’s writing. Not only that, it was easy to read and it’s not difficult at all to understand what was such an amazing and intricate writing style. She was simply able to transport me to a different time and place. The whole book moves at a nice pace, allowing you to absorb every detail and event that happens with all the characters. It didn’t take long for me to become completely involved with Noli’s journey from the mortal world to the Otherworld.The world created was astounding!Innocent Darkness definitely had that historical feel with steampunk going on that I adored so much. I never thought I would love a world like this. Lazear did a great job of weaving in the cool gadgets into the story. I definitely wanted to know more about hoverboards and air autos. She even made the mortal world parallel to the Otherworld, giving them a distinct difference. I loved how opposite yet beautiful the worlds were. The Otherworld was especially intriguing with all the magic within it. The unknown and scariness of the Otherworld is definitely a place many will fall for.Noli was a strong main character.
I really grew to love her. She was independent and decisive. She does what she wants and what she thinks is best despite what society thinks, while still taking care of her reputation. Although Noli lived in a man’s world with women’s equality not apparent, she stands her own ground and doesn’t let silly rules stop her drive. What I loved most about Noli was her adventurous and boisterous side along with her intelligence and enthusiasm to build and fix things. Even through everything she goes through at Findlay house and then in the Otherworld with the High Queen, Noli still held her bravery and her high spirits.There are two boys that will capture your heart!
 V is Noli’s sweet and kind best friend. He’s smart and looks out for Noli. He has a good heart, but he’s not who he seems to be which makes him more appealing. He also does the right thing despite being torn between two things he holds dearly. It doesn’t hurt that he’s handsome and charming all the way. Not only that, he’s strong, skilled, a hard-worker and just down right lovely. Kevighn is the complete opposite. He’s dark, sexy and all kinds of dangerous. He’s definitely not the boy to bring home to mom, but he’s too yummy to resist even with his manipulations and bad intentions. He’s daring, powerful and oozes so much sex appeal for one to handle. The best part of Kevighn is his radiance, kind heart, and gentleness rooted deep inside of him.What I didn't like:Charlotte’s solution.This was probably the only part in the book that I didn’t particularly like. It was sad, but I found it a little too convenient in solving Noli’s problem. I had a feeling it was coming and although it was slightly disappointing, I still loved the story.Overall, Innocent Darkness was a mystical and enthralling book to read. With an unexpected ending that packs a punch to the gut, readers will be vying for more! If you love history and steampunk with added magic and fantasy, this book is a definite read!More Reviews on my blog: Words, Pages, and Books