xjessirae

Kate Karyus Quinn
Wilde Nights in Paradise
Tonya Burrows

Wicked Hungry

Wicked Hungry - Teddy Jacobs The blurb is quite interesting and immediately catches your attention. The storyline is intriguing and quite unique in of itself. The paranormal aspects of this book are different and unlike any paranormal book I've read to date. Unfortunately, I could not finish this book. As much as I wanted to love this book, I couldn't seem to connect with the characters, nor could I related to them. Not to say they were not well developed, because they were. The characters are distinct and each have a wonderful personality. I liked Stanley. He has a strong voice that rings true. And I especially loved Karen's spunk and Stanley's mother's witchy ways and overprotectiveness. There was just something about the characters where I had trouble getting to know them well enough to connect to them in a deep way. For me, a book is a make or break whether or not I can relate to a character instantly. There needs to be that connection and no matter how hard I tried, it wasn't there. I also had trouble getting into the book overall. Some books suck you in, while others take awhile. For some reason, this book couldn't hold my attention. I've never read urban fantasy, so this may be my fault as I've strayed from the genre I'm used to. I like what Teddy Jacobs was going for though. The mystery and suspense to this book is quite appealing. I just wish I could force myself to get sucked into the world. I wanted to know more, but couldn't bring myself to do so.I do have to commend on the writing. It's not as fluid as I'd like it to be, but it was easy to read and I didn't have trouble understanding the story. The writing is realistic and clean.Needless to say, this type of book is not for me. I'm not really big on much high fantasy to begin with, but I do give it a try once in awhile. Hopefully I can come back to this book in the future and try again when I've finally got a handle on reading urban books, such as this one.Despite my predicament, I still recommend this for paranormal and urban high fantasy lovers. I'm sure this story will entice and engross many.